8 large eggs
Some olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp Garam masala
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp cumin
Salt to season
Coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and fry for 4 minutes until soft. Stir in the chilli, the tomatoes and the spices and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and divide into four.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan, add one quarter of the tomato mixture to the pan, then pour in a quarter of the beaten eggs.
- Cook over a medium heat pushing the cooked egg towards the centre of the pan until no runny egg remains.
- Cook for a minute more until the base is golden
- Fold the omelette in the pan and tip onto a warm plate. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Repeat to make 3 more omelettes in the same way.
Nutrition (per portion): 225 Calories;
16.9g protein; 37.7g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 7.4g carbohydrate; 0.6g salt
Cook: 15 mins