Makes 4-6 servings
4 half-length baguettes
230g cheddar cheese, grated
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
8 medium eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
250 ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ gas mark 4.
- Cut and pull out the middle of all four baguettes, leaving about ½ an inch of bread in the bottom and on the sides. Put the baguettes to one side.
- Cook the sausages as instructions and cut into bite size chunks.
- Lightly beat together the eggs and the cream, before whisking in the spring onions, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat.
- Place all 4 baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-28 minutes or until set in the centre. Allow boats to cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve.